I bet you have noticed that that gaming equipment is much different than standard stuff. For example keyboards, mouses, headphones and also chairs. Of course, you can always use conventional peripherals, but they won’t be as pleasing as gaming ones. Console gaming is great in a way that all you need is a controller, and you be where ever you want to – on a sofa, chair and in whatever position – stand, sit or lay down. The only real question how comfortable it is? If you love to game on your Xbox One or One S, you have probably had those times when you are tired, but you want to play one last game or few. This is where your sitting position and chair plays a huge role.
When gaming on console as Xbox One, you can’t just pick any chair. The truth is that even a PC gaming chair won’t be a good choice as console gaming and PC gaming are two different things. You need a dedicated Xbox One gaming chair that’s as comfortable as it can be. You are probably going to spend long hours in this chair, so a good, comfortable gaming chair is a must have Xbox One accessory.
Why should you get a gaming chair
More and more console gamers tend to replace their old sofas with a new cushy gaming chair. Why so? Because they are not only super comfortable and great for long gaming sessions, but they also come with a variety of handy features. Most high-end chairs let you immerse into your game by having vibration motors, built-in speakers, audio outputs, and ports for charging your devices. There are many reasons why you should get yourself a gaming chair:
- Comfort. This is probably the most important aspect of getting a dedicated gaming chair. Our bodies aren’t made to be for hours on the same position. Sometimes you spend 5h+ with only toilet breaks. This can lead to aches and pain, especially in your neck and back. To prevent this, you need a comfortable gaming chair that’s well padded and supportive. When gaming on a gaming chair you should be able to tell the difference in no time.
- Ergonomics. The next most important thing why you should get a gaming chair is ergonomics. If you have little space in your room or don’t want to place a gaming chair in the middle of your living room where your TV is, you can get a chair that can be folded. That’s right! Most of the dedicated gaming chairs can be easily folded up and stored somewhere away when your not using them.
- Added features that a traditional chair or sofa doesn’t have. Have a Xbox One headset that features surround sound? Now you can get a gaming chair with inbuilt speakers that also has a surround sound technology. Some of these chairs have four speakers and a subwoofer. This helps to immerse you into the game. But that’s not all! To make you feel like a part of the game even more, some gaming chairs feature vibration motors. These motors are synced with the bass tones of your game. Now when playing first person shooters like Battlefield 1, you can really feel like beeing on the battlefield. Feel and hear all shots and explosions. Besides these technologies, a proper gaming chair also has cable inputs and outputs. For example to charge your USB devices directly from your chair.
How to choose a gaming chair for Xbox One?
So you have decided to get yourself a dedicated gaming chair. That’s great. But how to choose the right one? We would advise you to go and try these chairs out at the closest local store, but if you can’t, here are the main criteria for choosing the right gaming chair beside it beeing comfortable:
- Pricing. The first thing is the price of gaming chair. You definitely want to get the best product for your money. As with many things, also for gaming chairs, usually the more expensive is better, but not always. You don’t want to get a super cheap chair because that will most likely be made from a cheap quality material that will result in fast tearing and breaking. Don’t fall for super cheap deals that offer everything you would ever want to.
- Material. The next factor is material that’s used in the chair. Gaming chair should be padded with a proper foam that won’t cave in after few weeks of use. When choosing between a gaming chair that’s covered in leather or fabric, keep in mind that leather chair will only be great if it has ventilation. If it doesn’t, and you live in a hot place, your back might sweat so a better choice would be a chair that’s covered with a special fabric.
- Styling. While not too important to many, style and appearance can play a huge role when deciding between various of models. We always advise you to get what you like. You are going to sit on this for hours and hours. It’s important that you like your chair.
- Functionality and features. At last but not the least is functionality. Do you need a chair that is lightweight can be easily folded and stored away when you don’t need it? Or maybe you want a more solid and stationary chair. Do extra features like inbuilt speakers and vibration motors matter to you?
Our top 7 Xbox One gaming chair picks
1. X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal
X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal is one of the most serious gaming chairs you can get. It’s super comfortable covered in black leather. It has tons of adjustments for you back. It features wireless speakers and a subwoofer. It also features in-built vibration motors to give you the feel of the game wether your racing or runing over a battlefield. You want to use your headset, no worries! X Rocket Pro Series Pedestal has mp3 outputs.
This is perfect gaming chair if you want a good supportive chair that’s very versitile. You can fold it and get a footrest. It also has an extra storage that’s located beneath the seat. Even more, it looks like a simple traditonal chair, not like a gaming chair so that it will fit most interiors just fine. It uses AFM technology with a 2.1 sound immersion and other features like outputs that are built-in. X Rocker Triple Flip is one of our all time favourites as it combines practicality, many features, and a very affordable price tag.
X Rocker Surge is another great gaming chair from this brand that will get along with you and your Xbox One flawlessly. It features a bit different and more stylish design from other models like X Rocker Pro Series Pedestal and X Rocker II Video Gaming Chair. The Surge supports Bluetooth technology so you can pair it with any Bluetooth compatible device. Of course, don’t forget that you have to plug your chair in power outlet. This chair is also a lot lighter than options above.
X Rocker II Video Gaming Chair features wireless audio and a headphone jack to plug in your headset. This chair is upgraded version of X Rocker’s first successful gaming chair. It has a foldable design making. Also, arm rests can be flipped. Overall this is a very comfortable gaming chair that has all the features you would expect from a gaming chair and X Rocker.
Gioteck RC-3 Foldable Gaming Chair is another cheap option for a Xbox one gaming chair. It’s very lightweight and foldable, so it’s great for small rooms. It features nothing too fancy, just a colume control and jacks for a headset.
Cohesion XP is a more basic and more affordable option. However, it still features two audio speakers and in/out for headphone jacks as well as volume controls. We liked how lightweight it is making it super easy to bring from one place to another.
7. Kinsal Large Size Big and Tall Computer Chair
Kinsal Large Size Big and Tall Computer Chair is made for those who use their Xbox One with a monitor instead of TV and those who like a PC gamers position. This gaming chair is very adjustable. You can move the chair back from 90 to 180 degrees.
If you still can’t decide whether get or whether to not get a gaming chair for Xbox One, we would advise you to get it. We think it’s worth paying extra 150-200$ for a decent gaming chair that will not only improve the comfort of gaming but also enhance your gaming experience.
Is there any particular brand that makes great gaming chairs? Yes, we like the production of X Rocker Gaming Chairs the best. This brand is the pioneer of gaming chair market. Their chairs are designed especially for console gaming. They are all well built and will look sharp in your living room. Almost, all models feature a leather and at least two speakers and a subwoofer.