These days to increase the capacity of a specific portable device like a smartphone, camera, tablet and so on you have to get a microSD card. These super slim memory devices can have massive amounts of capacity and high data transfer speeds. They can increase the capacity of your Android smartphone from 16GB to massive 256GB. Also, microSD cards are an easy way how to transfer media files from your device to PC.
13 Best MicroSD Cards
We have created a list of Top 13 best microSD cards you can buy. All of them are Class 10 featuring the best budget/performance ratios as well as highest capacities. Take a look!
1. Samsung Evo Plus – the best micro SD card we have tested
- 4-Proof protection: Waterproof, Temperature proof,X-ray proof, Magnet proof
- Read:up to 100MB/s with UHS-1 interface Write:up to 90MB/s with UHS-1 interface
- UHS-I, compatible to HS interface, Grade 3, Class 10, 4K
If you are looking for fastest card for decent money that can manage it all, Samsung EVO Plus is an excellent choice. This microSD card features a read speed of 100MB/s and write speed of 90MB/s. It can record 4k UHD videos with ease. Overall it’s a very reliable card that’s built to last. Pair it with your smartphone, camera or tablet and you won’t regret it.
2. Samsung EVO Select – microSD card with the best budget/performance ratio
- Up to 80MB/s transfer speed
- Works with Cell phones, Smartphones, Android Tablets, Tablet PCs, and more.
- High-performance up to 80MB/s for full HD video recording, high resolution pictures, mobile gaming, music and more.
Looking for a microSD card that’s super cheap and super fast? If so, it doesn’t get better than Samsung Evo Select. It features 80MB/s data transfer speeds, robust build and massive 10 year warranty. We truly recommend getting this card if you wan’t the best microSD storage device for the money.
3. Lexar 633x – superb allround micro SD card
- Premium memory solution for smartphones, tablets, or action cameras
- Quickly captures, plays back, and transfers media files, including 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video
- Leverages UHS-I technology for a transfer speed up to 95MB/s
Looking for a card that can manage it all – shoot 4k videos, transfer files super fast and doesn’t cut a hole in your wallet? If so, Lexar 633x is ideal choice. You can get one in capacities ranging from 16GB up to 256GB. It has speed ratings of Class 10, U3, UHS-1 and can reach 95MB/s sequential read speed.
4. SanDisk Extreme
- Ideal for Android-based smartphones and tablets
- Read speeds of up to 90MB/s; write speeds of up to 60MB/s
- Recommended by GoPro for use with HERO, HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4, HERO5, and HERO+ LCD
The SanDisk Extreme is just as fast as Samsung’s Evo Select, but a bit more expensive. It’s one of the best choices for HERO, HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4, HERO5, and HERO+ LCD. SandDisk Extreme is capable of recording 4k videos and has a lifetime warranty.
5. Samsung Pro+ excelent micro SD card for 4K video
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
If you want a microSD card for your camera, this is probably best microSD card you can get. It works flawlessly with GoPro Hero4 and Hero5, DSLR cameras or devices that can shoot 4k videos. Samsung claims that this card can reach read/write speeds of 96MB/s and 90MB/s.
6. Kingston Digital 64GB Micro SDXC – very reliable and tough micro SD card
- UHS-I interface - microSDHC/microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I is ideal for cinema-quality HD video (1080p) and photos of subjects...
- Durable - This versatile card has been tested to be waterproof temperature proof, shock/vibration proof and X-ray proof....
- Class 10 UHS-I speeds of 45MB/s read and 10MB/s write
Kingston is a super big microSD card manufacturer. This particular card is one of the best choices you can make. Performance is up to level with 90MB/s read, and 80MB/s write speed, meaning you can shoot 4k videos with ease. This card comes with a lifetime warranty as well as free technical support. If you are after a good microSD card, this is a wise choice.
7. Lexar 1000x
- High-speed 1000x memory card
- Includes full size SD adapter
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
Lexar is another very well-known storage device manufacturer. Lexar Professional 1000x is a high-performance microSD card designed for capturing 4k videos, 3D, and full HD. It has a massive sequential read speed of 150MB/s which is a lot when compared with other cards.
We loved the feature that this card comes with a UHS-II to USB 3.0 adapter meaning transferring content from your card to PC is easier than ever. You won’t need any additional microSD card readers. By getting this card, you also get a copy of downloadable Image Rescue software. The bottleneck of Lexar 1000x is writing speed. In our tests, it reached only 55MB/s.
8. PNY U3 Turbo Performance
- Up to 90MB/sec speed for lightning transfer rates
- Faster transfer of digital content on Android Smartphones & Tablets. Enables high performance, action-capturing...
- Class 10 UHS-I, U3 performance allows fast and smooth continuous shooting and full HD Video capture
PNY U3 Turbo Performance microSD card is designed for high-performance applications like 4K action cameras, smartphones or anything else that can shoot high-quality content. PNY claims that this microSD card can reach data transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s. However, in our tests, we found out that this refers only to read speeds as for write we got decent 64MB/s.
Of course, this SD card has Class 10 UHS-I and U3. As many high-quality micorSD cards, also PNY Turbo is very durable and reliable featuring lifetime warranty and ability to withstand shocks, water, and magnets.
9. Transcend Ultimate microSD
- 32GB microSDHC memory card
- Includes full-size SD adapter
- SDHC UHS-1, CL10
Our next pick is one of the best microSD cards Transcend manufactures. It has Class 10, Ultra High-Speed Class 3 specification and following data transfer speeds: read 95MB/s, write 85MB/s. These numbers are very respectable and are more than enough for an average consumer. They also mean that Ultimate 633x supports 4K video recording. All previously mentioned combined with MLC technology and lifetime warranty makes this card a super choice. However, you should keep in mind that this card is relatively expensive.
10. Verbatim Pro 600x – supports 4k video recording and has a lifetime warranty
- V30 video speed class - supports 4K video recording
- UHS-I Interface, U3 speed rated
- Up to 90MB/s read speed. Up to 45MB/s write speed
This microSD card is quite similar to our previous pick only having lower write speed. Therefore, it’s lower on this list.
Verbatim Pro 600x is a Class 10, UHS-I Interface, U3 speed rated microSD card that’s available in three capacities – 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. Although this card has a read speed of up to 90Mb/s and write speed of 45MB/s which is nothing super high, Verbatim claims that this card is suited for recording 4k videos. The thing we loved is lifetime warranty and is waterproof, temperature proof and shockproof. This means you get a microSD card with decent performance, 4k support and warranty for a lifetime. What else could you ask for?
11. Toshiba Exceria M301 microSD – cheap and reliable
- The latest Toshiba microSDXC card series Exceria M303 is equipped with speed class V30 (Video Speed Class 30) for video...
- UHS-speed class 3 meets the new micro SDXC card now also meet the requirements of the video speed class 30. The M303...
- The card series is waterproof, shock proof, x-ray proof and temperature-resistant and so that your robust companion in...
Toshiba is one well-known storage device manufacturer and although their microSD cards aren’t so popular, some of them are very impressive. To start off, this particular “Exceria M301” model isn’t the fastest one nor with the highest capacity. We included it in this list because it’s simple, cheap and reliable and that’s what most microSD card buyers are after. If you are looking for a performance card, check Toshibas Exceria M401 and M501, they are well suited for 4k video recording and have large capacities.
Exceria M301 comes in three capacities – 8GB, 16GB, and 32 GB has a maximum data transfer speed of 48MB/s and has a warranty of 5 years.
12. Sandisk Ultra micro SD card – if you need a lot of storage capacity
- Ideal for Android Smartphones and Tablets, and MIL Cameras
- Capacities up to 512GB (1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes; Actual user storage less) to store even more hours of Full HD video...
- Up to 100MB/s transfer read speed (Based on internal testing; Performance may be lower depending on host device,...
If you’re looking for performance microSD card that can offer hilarious amounts of capacity, Sandisk Ultra is one of your best bets. In fact, Sandisk was one of the first companies that started manufacturing microSD cards with the A1 rating.
You can choose Sandisk Ultra in one of following capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 200GB, 256GB and massive 400GB. The performance varies from capacity – 16GB and 32GB have a maximum transfer speed of up to 98MB/s where all capacities higher than that have 100MB/s. In the result, this hard is well suited for recording 1080p Full HD videos and although performance isn’t mindblowing, the capacity range is indeed. We also loved that this microSD card is shockproof, waterproof, temperature-proof, and X-ray-proof. Also if you’re not going for highest capacities, the budget is very acceptable.
13. Patriot LX Series
- Class 10, UHS-1 performance allows fast and smooth continuous shooting, multiple frames per second and full HD Video...
- Fast performance minimizes photo and video transfer times to your computer.
- Includes full size SD card adapter for use in prosumer DSLR cameras and other devices that use SDXC memory cards
Patriot LX series is compliant with Class 10, UHS-I and U3 standards. With a data transfer speed of 90MB/s, it’s also a no slouch. Here we should note that 90MB/s isn’t only a read speed but also write. In our tests this microSD card reached 82MB/s write speed which is very respectable, meaning this microSD card will do great for recording videos.
You can choose it in one of six capacities ranging from 8GB up to 256GB. Coming with a warranty of 2 years and being shockproof, waterproof and magnet proof this microSD card is a wise choice for those who are after simple but good microSD card.
MicroSD card is a must-have if you have an Android smartphone, camera or any other device that needs extra storage. They can not only store your data but also make managing them easier, for example, by transferring all content to PC via SD card reader. All cards mentioned in this list are great, you just have to choose how much performance you really need, what are you going to do with this microSD card and how much you’re willing to pay for it. Hopefully, after reading this article, you were able to pick your best fit.
Got any particular card in mind that should be added to this list? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Last update on 2020-08-20 at 15:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API