Either the controller will flash for a few seconds before turning off, or it will not work at all. Have you tried turning off your PS4, turning it on with just the controller that is connected to it, and then using it?
That will give you a better idea if the controller isn’t working while connected to it or not. If the controller is not working while connected to the PS4, it means that the controller isn’t charging, which implies that something isn’t right with its USB port.
In case you had both controllers on and you connect controller 2 while you’re on the main menu, it will turn controller 2 off since there is no reason to have both on while the second one is charging.
- Vertical cooling stands for PS4
- Best skins for PlayStation 4
- Best chatpads for PS4
- PlayStation 4 external hard drives
- PS4 hard drive upgrade
There are some steps you can follow to diagnose the problem and solve it.
- Turn off your PS4.
- Take the controller that you think is broken and plug it up. Ensure that its plug is flush while going into the controller and the USB port is some distance inside the PS4.
- Turn on the PS4 by using that controller (hit the PS button on it).
- Explore the PlayStation using that controller. Meanwhile, leave the other controller unplugged and turned off.
- Unplug that controller, and use it until it dies or shows some kind of low battery message.
- Connect that controller back to the system. Give it a chance to stay there for 30-60 minutes. Amid this time, you can either play with it while it is connected to the PS4 or use the second controller while you let the other charge.
- On the off chance that you began using your other controller, you will need to turn it off. You can do this by either restarting the console or holding the PS button and choosing to turn it off.
- Use the controller you left charging for 30-60 minutes. Is it working accurately? Do you get more than 5-10 minutes of playing time before it dies or demonstrates that it has low battery? If so, that means your PS is charging it.
Other important tips
Other ways to do this is by checking how the batteries inside the controller are placed and the placement of the controller to the charger. You might also want to check the charging port since sometimes that is damaged too. If you are constantly plugging things inside and outside of a port, the connector may break due to stress or simply wear out until it is not making good contact. You might also want to see that the cable it uses to charge is in one piece.
The last and final step is to replace its controller
However, this is only applicable when you’ve not had it for less than 30 days. Otherwise, it is advised to go to the store and get a new controller. Also, make sure the controller is not resting on electronics that are warm or hot which prevents it from recharging because it thinks it has a possibility of blowing up if it keeps on charging. Because the controller has a sensor that detects temperature. You should also check how long you’re letting it be charged; it is obviously going to take time. Its battery takes an average of two hours to be recharged.