In the hectic world, we live in; we need a break now and then to relax and reenergize. After all, if we are to believe the famous sayings, then all work and no play will make you dull, and surely nobody wants that.
There are different ways people choose to disconnect from their everyday worries and concerns. One such way to do so is via playing video games. While some may view playing such games as an occasional source of escape, for die-hard gamers it is much more than that. For them, video games are about commitment, focus, and above all being part of a community.
Regardless of which type of gamer you are, the chances are you are well-aware about the intricacies of Xbox One.
Everything to know about Xbox One Console
If you are new to the world of Xboxes and gaming, you are not only missing out on a perfect time but are also not benefiting from the array of features being provided by Xbox one.
How awesome would it be if your console could listen to you? Well, this is what you will receive via the Xbox One. This console is equipped with a Kinect sensor which allows you to give your console voice commands for it to listen to.
Now anytime you wish to turn your Xbox One on, all you need to do is say the magic words and voila! Your console will start working. Such a feature is available for you to enjoy regardless of whether your console is operational or not.
Microsoft has ensured that the Kinect sensor of this console is better than Xbox 360’s. This is made sure by the upgrades conducted on the microphone, which has rendered it capable of detecting commands regardless of how noisy the environment gets.
Moreover, the camera included has also been updated and now consists of a 1080p wide-angle sensor to guarantee that all your gestures are detected, and therefore your Xbox One can be navigated by your hand movements.
Unlike its ancestors, the Xbox One features a new controller which has been improved to include over 40 innovations which comprise technical and design changes.
Not only is the ergonomics of the controller starkly different from its predecessors, but it is also equipped with an array of triggers which are included in the controller to provide vibration feedback.
The controller also features an improved version of the previously included directional pad and an integrated battery compartment along with new thumbsticks. Such features are compatible with the Kinect sensors and sync well with it to provide users with an enhanced experience.
One of the major queries of users is regarding how to connect this Xbox One controller to PC since many PC games can be played with an Xbox One Wireless controller. This means you aren’t restricted to a keyboard or mouse.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC
You have probably thought to yourself, “How do I connect my Xbox one controller to my PC?” Connecting your wireless Xbox One controller to your Windows PC system is not a complicated task. You can effectively do so via using a USB cable, Bluetooth, or via an Xbox Wireless adapter.
How you choose to approach the issue of connecting the controller to the computer also depends on your PC, since some PCs have Xbox Wireless built into them which makes a direct connection possible without the need of an adapter.
Continue reading to find out how to connect wireless Xbox One controller to PC
1. Connecting to Windows 10 PC
There are several ways on how to connect Xbox One controller to PC. If you wish to connect the game controller via a USB port, then all you need to do is plug in the USB charger into the controller while the other end is to be attached to the PC.
Such a USB connection allows you to connect either eight wireless controllers simultaneously, or four controllers if they have the Xbox Chat headsets attached to them. However, if your controller has an Xbox Stereo headphones attached to them, you can only connect two such controllers at a time.
You can also connect the controller via the Xbox Wireless adapter, which may either be built into the system or may need to be installed.
– Here are the steps you need to follow if you wish to connect it via the adaptor.
- Go to settings and then click on Devices.
- Choose the options that say “Add Bluetooth or other devices.”
- Click on “Everything Else” and then on “Xbox Wireless Controller.”
- Select Done.
Such a wireless connection will allow you to either connect eight controllers or four controllers with chat headsets.
Moreover, depending on your controller, you may also connect it to the PC via Bluetooth. However, such a feature is only applicable to drivers which are supported by Bluetooth. One way of detecting whether you controller is supported is by looking at the placement of the plastic. If the plastic that it around the button is part of the face of the controller, then it is Bluetooth-supported.
– Here is how you can pair your controller with your PC:
- Ensure that your PC has been updated to the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 and update your controller as well.
- Press the Xbox button to start the Xbox controller.
- For three seconds push the controller bind button and then release.
- Now coming to your PC, you need to go on to the Settings then Devices and then onto the tab that says “Bluetooth and other devices.”
- Turn the Bluetooth on and click the option of “Xbox Wireless Controller” and then click the pairing button.
Your controller is now connected to your PC via Bluetooth.
You can also update your controller via the Windows 10 to ensure that you enjoy all the latest features offered by Xbox One.
Such can be done via the following simple steps:
- Search for Xbox Accessories App on your Windows 10 and install it if you haven’t done so already.
- Launch the Xbox app and connect the controller to the PC via any of the methods mentioned above. In this step, you will be asked to update to Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 if you haven’t yet updated your Windows.
- Once the controller is connected, you will receive a message which will call for a mandatory update of the controller.
- If such an option does not come, you can go to the device info tab and manually check for updates.
- Click on updates and your PC will install the latest changes to your controller for you to enjoy an enhanced experience.
2. Connecting to Windows 8.1 and 7
The procedure of connecting your controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC is a little different than how you connected it to the Windows 10 PC.
Here you will need a micro-USB cable. When you connect the controller via such a cable, your Windows will conduct an automatic download and install session of the drivers for the controller. If such a download isn’t happening, then the chances are that your settings do not allow for automatic download.
At such an instance, you should check for the required updates via the device manager. Checking manually for updates require the following steps:
- Start by pointing to the lower-right corner of your desktop screen and then move the pointer up.
- Select the option of “Search” that is now visible.
- Type “Device Manager” in the box and either enter or choose the option as it appears under the box (you may be required to provide an administrator password for the confirmation of your selection).
- In the Device Manager, look for the Microsoft Xbox One Controller and expand the option.
- Via your mouse, right-click the Microsoft Xbox One Controller option and then click on the “Update Driver Software” tab.
- Proceed by choosing the option that allows for automatic searching of updated software.
Note that in these Windows, you can use four controllers simultaneously. Since regardless of whether your controller has a headset, you won’t be provided with audio via the drivers, there is no need to attach such headphones on to the controllers.
Also, such Windows versions do not support Bluetooth connection, and if you wish for such a method of connecting the controllers, you should update your Windows to the latest version.
All in all, the fact that you can use your Xbox One controller on a PC on top of its superior console is a feature that has been appreciated by many. There are many PC games which are not compatible with consoles like Xbox One. However, the fact that you can connect the controller to your PC means that you don’t need to miss out on any gaming experience.
If you are not much of a fan of keyboards when it comes to playing video games, you should follow any of the methods mentioned above to connect your controller to your computer and enjoy your gaming experience.
Let the world of video games engulf you. Forget about the everyday worries that surround you. Leave behind the feelings of tiredness as you embark on a gaming experience that is bound to relax you.
Enjoy your Xbox One and the features that it provides. You deserve it.