Gaming has become a huge part of our culture. Whereas before it was a niche hobby, it’s now a mainstream social activity as well as a bona fide sport. We’re also a very mobile society and these two things collide to make traveling with an Xbox One a very common thing. And if you’re going to be traveling with valuable electronics, you want to protect them, which is why it’s so important to protect your Xbox One with a dedicated Xbox One travel case.
What to look for when buying an Xbox One travel case
A good Xbox One travel case will be made out of a durable material like nylon to prevent tears and fraying of the fabric. Some cases are also waterproofed, so if you need a waterproof case, be on the lookout for waterproof case materials; even if you don’t live in a rainy climate, it still might be a good idea as an extra bit of protection, because who hasn’t spilled their coffee at least once?
Also, the best Xbox One travel case will be one that has multiple compartments. After all, you don’t just travel around with your console by itself. Chances are, if you’re taking your console somewhere, you’re bring all of your accessories (or at least the vital ones) with it, so it’s a good idea to look for an Xbox One travel case that has compartments or pockets to keep your accessories nice and safe.
Finally, check to see if the Xbox One case is padded. Padding adds an extra layer of protection—especially from drops and other jarring and shocking accidents. Since the main reason to get an Xbox One travel case is to protect your Xbox, it’s just smart to get one with as many protective features as possible.
Tips on how to choose the best Xbox One travel case for your needs
Keep a few things in mind while shopping to get the best Xbox One travel case for your needs:
- If you plan on taking games with you, make sure there’s a place for them in the travel case to prevent scratches on the discs.
- If you live in a rainy area or live a haphazard kind of life, opt for a waterproof case whenever possible. That way, you don’t have to carry it under your raincoat or something.
- The case should be made out of a durable material. Nylon is common, because it’s a synthetic fabric, so even when it’s not specifically made to be waterproof, it is still less likely to allow spills to seep into your case the way a natural fabric like cotton would.
- Padded cases are always a good idea no matter who you are or what your life is like, if only for the extra peace of mind.
- There should be enough room in the case for all of your accessories, including controllers. A good Xbox One case should be able to travel your controllers as well as cords and such. Believe it or not, some cases don’t always have room for controllers. Whether that’s intentional or a design flaw is hard to say, but you shouldn’t have to buy a separate carrying case for your controllers.
Our Top Xbox One Travel Case Picks
1. GAEMS Universal M155-Console Backpack for PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, Xbox 360 review
- Console Compatible - Including PS4 & Xbox One
- Reinforced Foam Padding for solid protection and durable nylon mesh which allows for heat dispersion
- Adjustable straps for optimal comfort
GAEMS Xbox One Travel Case Features
This is a true multi-console backpack designed for the more recent PlayStation and Xbox consoles, meaning if you have an Xbox One and a PS3, you can use the same travel case for them. This is ideal for families with more than one console; chances are, you’re only going to be traveling with one console at a time, so there’s really no need to have multiple dedicated cases when a universal travel case will do.
Reinforced foam padding
The GAEMS Universal travel case is equipped with reinforced foam padding, going a step beyond in protecting your precious consoles from whatever perils may befall them on the road.
The waterproofed nylon composition makes this a great case for those with kids or who simply want a case that can handle whatever life throws at it—including an unanticipated downpour on the day you thought you’d walk to your destination instead of taking an Uber.
This is a unique feature, because while Nylon is a common material in all the best Xbox One travel cases, the GAEMS case features Nylon mesh inside to better disperse any heat buildup. As anyone knows, electronics are at their healthiest when they’re kept cool, so this is a quality feature that cannot be ignored.
What to like about the GAEMS Universal M155-Console Backpack:
- Adjustable straps maximize comfort
- Reinforced padding provides extra security
- Heat-dispersing nylon mesh
- Multi-console inclusive for both Xbox and PlayStation brands, making it ideal for multi-console families
- Large enough to fit a monitor and laptop
What to consider:
- While it’s a universal gaming backpack, it’s more specifically optimized for Xbox and PlayStation consoles, so if you have a Wii, you might want to pay close attention to the specs to make sure it suits your needs.
2. Slappa M.A.S.K. DSLR Custom Build Backpack (SL-MSK-DSLR)
- Super-cush dedicated laptop storage for up to 17-Inch laptops and large gaming computers
- 1680D Ballistic Nylon is puncture proof and water resistant
- Quick Scan access enables laptop to stay inside backpack when scanning at airport
Slappa Xbox One Backpack Features
A multi-purpose case
Not only can the Slappa Custom Build Backpack hold your Xbox 360, it’s an extremely versatile backpack capable of holding any other console you own, and can also hold a 17-inch laptop. Essentially, if you need a case that can travel any of your portable consoles or devices, this might be a good pick for you.
The Slappa backpack is a great bag for traveling by plane, because it’s guaranteed to be checkpoint friendly, so all you have to do is just put the bag through the scanner at the airport without having to dig through everything and dump it out.
Water and puncture-resistant 1680 denier Ballistix nylon kick the quality up a notch on this travel bag. Let’s be real: Unexpected things happen while traveling. A travel bag made of high-quality material is a good way to be extra prepared for whatever comes your way.
Because the case is so versatile, you can store other things besides your Xbox one or laptop. You can also store everyday items like your wallet, your iPhone—anything that’s small and needs a handy place for storage during travel. All in all, it’s a pretty cool pack.
What to like about the Slappa M.A.S.K. DSLR Custom Build Backpack (SL-MSK-DSLR):
- Made with 1680 denier Ballistix Nylon which is impervious to puncture wounds and also water-resistant, upping the protection factor of the bag.
- Well-designed main storage compartments for consoles and laptops as well as small compartments for personal affects
- Checkpoint-ready so you can just have it scanned at the airport without extra hassle
What to consider:
- Not fully padded: Only the compartment for storing camera accessories like lenses is padded for crush-resistance. While this isn’t ideal for those who are rough on their luggage, it should be fine for people who are careful or who don’t have kids.
3. GAEMS G155 Sentry Personal Gaming Environment review
- 15.5-Inch HD 720p EL-LED display
- Lockable Latches
- Full screen controls for audio and video
GAEMS Xbox One Carrying Case Features
While this isn’t a traditional Xbox One travel case, it is a gaming environment that not only works with Xbox One, but is also great for traveling and is TSA-approved. Traveling by air with your Xbox One just became a lot easier.
Game on the go
The included monitor means you can game on the go as long as you have a power supply, making it ideal for gaming on the road and in unexpected places.
You’d think such a compact design would preclude controllers, but you’d be wrong. The GAMES G155 Sentry Personal Gaming Environment makes room for your controllers, so you don’t have to worry about sourcing an extra bag for them.
One of the main reasons this personal gaming environment makes such a good Xbox One traveling case is the fact that it’s incredibly durable. The outer shell is durable, which makes the hazards of traveling with a console and monitor far less daunting than they would be otherwise.
What to like about the GAEMS G155 Sentry Personal Gaming Environment:
- TSA-approved so air travel is less of a hassle
- Comes with its own screen so you can game on the go
- Lockable latches keep it safe from thieves and younger siblings
- EVA foam base for extra protection
- Comes with accessory storage bags for extra utility
What to consider:
- It’s not specifically designed as an Xbox One travel case; however, it is hardy, travel-friendly and TSA-approved which ironically does make it ideal for traveling. And you get the bonus of it coming with its own screen to boot, which many will enjoy.
6. GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment for XBOX ONE S, XBOX ONE, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 review
- Storage bags hold your Controllers, power supplies, and other accessories
- Shoulder strap, remote, and sticker kit included, Resolution 1366 x 768, display colors (8 bit) 16.7M, Audio integrated...
- Removable center badge on the case exterior for future customization
GAEMS Xbox One Carrying Case Features
Because it’s a carrying case that has its own monitor, you can game anywhere you want—even while you’re stuck for an insanely long period of time at the airport. (After all, time flies when you’re having fun, so bringing some entertainment along is always a good idea.)
19-inch LED display
The 19-inch HD 720p monitor features an LED display so your games can be visualized beautifully. Also, as you already know, gaming consoles are great for using with your favorite online streaming service, so “Netflix and chill” is entirely possible with the GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment.
This gaming environment is compatible with all of the most recent Xbox and PlayStation consoles, so if you’re a multi-console family, you needn’t track down various personal gaming environments when you have all you need right here.
Ideal for travel
The case shell is tough so you can be sure your monitor and console remain nice safe as you travel the world. Also, it’s TSA-friendly, making it perfect for air travel.
What to like about the GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment for XBOX ONE S, XBOX ONE, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360:
- High-quality HD screen is perfect for gaming and streaming
- Hardy case
- Multi-console compatible
- Game anywhere
What to consider:
- The console isn’t included. Bummer, I know, right? Snark aside, it is important to note that the console doesn’t come with the gaming environment. However, since most people already know that’s the case, there shouldn’t be too much disappointment among consumers.
Last update on 2020-08-20 at 15:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API