Gaming has become a huge part of our culture. Whereas before it was a niche hobby, it’s now a mainstream social activity as well as a bona fide sport. We’re also a very mobile society and these two things collide to make traveling with an Xbox One a very common thing. And if you’re going to be traveling with valuable electronics, you want to protect them, which is why it’s so important to protect your Xbox One with a dedicated Xbox One travel case.
[icons icon=”alert” color=”#dd0000″] What to look for when buying an Xbox One travel case
A good Xbox One travel case will be made out of a durable material like nylon to prevent tears and fraying of the fabric. Some cases are also waterproofed, so if you need a waterproof case, be on the lookout for waterproof case materials; even if you don’t live in a rainy climate, it still might be a good idea as an extra bit of protection, because who hasn’t spilled their coffee at least once?
Also, the best Xbox One travel case will be one that has multiple compartments. After all, you don’t just travel around with your console by itself. Chances are, if you’re taking your console somewhere, you’re bring all of your accessories (or at least the vital ones) with it, so it’s a good idea to look for an Xbox One travel case that has compartments or pockets to keep your accessories nice and safe.
Finally, check to see if the Xbox One case is padded. Padding adds an extra layer of protection—especially from drops and other jarring and shocking accidents. Since the main reason to get an Xbox One travel case is to protect your Xbox, it’s just smart to get one with as many protective features as possible.
[icons icon=”alert” color=”#dd0000″] Tips on how to choose the best Xbox One travel case for your needs
Keep a few things in mind while shopping to get the best Xbox One travel case for your needs:
- If you plan on taking games with you, make sure there’s a place for them in the travel case to prevent scratches on the discs.
- If you live in a rainy area or live a haphazard kind of life, opt for a waterproof case whenever possible. That way, you don’t have to carry it under your raincoat or something.
- The case should be made out of a durable material. Nylon is common, because it’s a synthetic fabric, so even when it’s not specifically made to be waterproof, it is still less likely to allow spills to seep into your case the way a natural fabric like cotton would.
- Padded cases are always a good idea no matter who you are or what your life is like, if only for the extra peace of mind.
- There should be enough room in the case for all of your accessories, including controllers. A good Xbox One case should be able to travel your controllers as well as cords and such. Believe it or not, some cases don’t always have room for controllers. Whether that’s intentional or a design flaw is hard to say, but you shouldn’t have to buy a separate carrying case for your controllers.
Our Xbox One travel case Top picks
[icons icon=”star” color=”#dd0000″] CTA Digital XB1-MFC Multi-Function Carrying Case for Xbox One/Xbox One S review
Made with nylon
Like many console carrying cases, CTA Digital’s Xbox One travel case is made with Nylon. Nylon is a durable fabric. As a synthetic, it’s also less likely to retain moisture and mildew if it ever gets rained on.
Nine additional pockets
Aside from the main pockets, there are two internal and two external accessory pockets as well as five-disc pockets for your games, for a whopping total of nine pockets. This should fit the needs of most players, because it allows versatility for packing your gear.
The CTA Digital travel case features a removable pouch for your Kinect. Since not everyone owns a Kinect, the optional pouch is a pretty good design, because if you don’t need it you can just take it off.
This case is foam padded to add an extra layer of protection for your console and its accessories. Also, there’s a build-in strap inside the main compartment of the case to secure your Xbox one. One of the biggest complaints people have about console travel cases, in general, is that they don’t always fit the console snuggly so it moves around too much inside. The straps on the CTA Digital Xbox One travel case act like a seatbelt for your console, keeping it safe and movement-free.
What to like about the CTA Digital XB1-MFC Multi-Function Carrying Case for Xbox One/Xbox One S:
- Made with nylon
- Foam padding
- Seatbelt-like straps keep your console safe
- Nine-pocket design or your controllers, games and accessories
- Removeable pouch for Kinect
- Compact and easy to travel with
- 48-inch adjustable shoulder strap
What to consider:
- Some wish the carrying case to be bigger. However, it’s important to note that the best Xbox One travel case is one that fits your Xbox One and all of its accessories snugly so that they don’t get jostled around, which could lead to damage. Therefore, many people would see this as a pro.
- Some have noticed fraying on the inside pockets. This is a defect from the factory and doesn’t reflect how well the case works and looks when made correctly. If the fraying isn’t much of an issue, you could just carefully trim the frayed edges that lie beyond the stitching. (It’s very important not to cut fraying that lies inside the stitching, because that could lessen the integrity of the pockets.) However, if the fraying is severe and compromises the functioning of the product, let the manufacturer know about it and they’ll likely replace it.
[icons icon=”star” color=”#dd0000″] CTA Digital Universal Gaming Backpack for Xbox One S/PlayStation 4 Slim/Wii U/XB1/PS4/XB360/PS3 review
A truly universal travel case
Since this gaming backpack is universal, it’s not only usable for Xbox One; you can also use it on PS4, PS4, Wii and more. Some households are multi-console households. For those families, the CTA Digital Universal Gaming Backpack is a great option, because it’s versatile enough to travel all of your consoles, so you don’t have to buy several different dedicated console travel cases.
Controller securing straps
The CTA Digital Universal Gaming Backpack features three straps to secure your controllers. This is a key feature, because not only do many travel cases not have a dedicated place for your controllers, some don’t even have room to fit your controllers. So, here you have a case that not only has a dedicated space for your controllers, but it’s optimized for several different console controllers so that you can travel your Xbox One on one vacation and you’re Wii on the next all in one universal bag.
There are three main zipper layers, the biggest of which naturally holds your Xbox One or another console. There are also five storage areas for your accessories, so you can be sure that all you need will fit in the one bag.
The adjustable shoulder straps are padded, meaning less strain on your body. Travel on its own is fatiguing enough, so this is a feature anyone could appreciate.
What to like about the CTA Digital Universal Gaming Backpack:
- A universal case, making it great for families with multiple consoles.
- There’s an exterior port for headphones.
- The console case is cushioned to protect your most valuable components.
- There are six sleeves for your game discs, making organization easy.
- The shoulder straps are padded, which means extra comfort for the wearer.
What to consider:
- It’s not specifically designed for Xbox One: However, it’s such a good multi-purpose, multi-console traveling case that most people find it works out great for their Xbox One and are happy to have a case that can handle the other consoles they own.
[icons icon=”star” color=”#dd0000″] GAEMS Universal M155-Console Backpack for PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, Xbox 360 review
This is a true multi-console backpack designed for the more recent PlayStation and Xbox consoles, meaning if you have an Xbox One and a PS3, you can use the same travel case for them. This is ideal for families with more than one console; chances are, you’re only going to be traveling with one console at a time, so there’s really no need to have multiple dedicated cases when a universal travel case will do.
Reinforced foam padding
The GAEMS Universal travel case is equipped with reinforced foam padding, going a step beyond in protecting your precious consoles from whatever perils may befall them on the road.
The waterproofed nylon composition makes this a great case for those with kids or who simply want a case that can handle whatever life throws at it—including an unanticipated downpour on the day you thought you’d walk to your destination instead of taking an Uber.
This is a unique feature, because while Nylon is a common material in all the best Xbox One travel cases, the GAEMS case features Nylon mesh inside to better disperse any heat buildup. As anyone knows, electronics are at their healthiest when they’re kept cool, so this is a quality feature that cannot be ignored.
What to like about the GAEMS Universal M155-Console Backpack:
- Adjustable straps maximize comfort
- Reinforced padding provides extra security
- Heat-dispersing nylon mesh
- Multi-console inclusive for both Xbox and PlayStation brands, making it ideal for multi-console families
- Large enough to fit a monitor and laptop
What to consider:
- While it’s a universal gaming backpack, it’s more specifically optimized for Xbox and PlayStation consoles, so if you have a Wii, you might want to pay close attention to the specs to make sure it suits your needs.
A multi-purpose case
Not only can the Slappa Custom Build Backpack hold your Xbox 360, it’s an extremely versatile backpack capable of holding any other console you own, and can also hold a 17-inch laptop. Essentially, if you need a case that can travel any of your portable consoles or devices, this might be a good pick for you.
The Slappa backpack is a great bag for traveling by plane, because it’s guaranteed to be checkpoint friendly, so all you have to do is just put the bag through the scanner at the airport without having to dig through everything and dump it out.
Water and puncture-resistant 1680 denier Ballistix nylon kick the quality up a notch on this travel bag. Let’s be real: Unexpected things happen while traveling. A travel bag made of high-quality material is a good way to be extra prepared for whatever comes your way.
Because the case is so versatile, you can store other things besides your Xbox one or laptop. You can also store everyday items like your wallet, your iPhone—anything that’s small and needs a handy place for storage during travel. All in all, it’s a pretty cool pack.
What to like about the Slappa M.A.S.K. DSLR Custom Build Backpack (SL-MSK-DSLR):
- Made with 1680 denier Ballistix Nylon which is impervious to puncture wounds and also water-resistant, upping the protection factor of the bag.
- Well-designed main storage compartments for consoles and laptops as well as small compartments for personal affects
- Checkpoint-ready so you can just have it scanned at the airport without extra hassle
What to consider:
- Not fully padded: Only the compartment for storing camera accessories like lenses is padded for crush-resistance. While this isn’t ideal for those who are rough on their luggage, it should be fine for people who are careful or who don’t have kids.
While this isn’t a traditional Xbox One travel case, it is a gaming environment that not only works with Xbox One, but is also great for traveling and is TSA-approved. Traveling by air with your Xbox One just became a lot easier.
Game on the go
The included monitor means you can game on the go as long as you have a power supply, making it ideal for gaming on the road and in unexpected places.
You’d think such a compact design would preclude controllers, but you’d be wrong. The GAMES G155 Sentry Personal Gaming Environment makes room for your controllers, so you don’t have to worry about sourcing an extra bag for them.
One of the main reasons this personal gaming environment makes such a good Xbox One traveling case is the fact that it’s incredibly durable. The outer shell is durable, which makes the hazards of traveling with a console and monitor far less daunting than they would be otherwise.
What to like about the GAEMS G155 Sentry Personal Gaming Environment:
- TSA-approved so air travel is less of a hassle
- Comes with its own screen so you can game on the go
- Lockable latches keep it safe from thieves and younger siblings
- EVA foam base for extra protection
- Comes with accessory storage bags for extra utility
What to consider:
- It’s not specifically designed as an Xbox One travel case; however, it is hardy, travel-friendly and TSA-approved which ironically does make it ideal for traveling. And you get the bonus of it coming with its own screen to boot, which many will enjoy.
[icons icon=”star” color=”#dd0000″] GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment for XBOX ONE S, XBOX ONE, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 review
Because it’s a carrying case that has its own monitor, you can game anywhere you want—even while you’re stuck for an insanely long period of time at the airport. (After all, time flies when you’re having fun, so bringing some entertainment along is always a good idea.)
19-inch LED display
The 19-inch HD 720p monitor features an LED display so your games can be visualized beautifully. Also, as you already know, gaming consoles are great for using with your favorite online streaming service, so “Netflix and chill” is entirely possible with the GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment.
This gaming environment is compatible with all of the most recent Xbox and PlayStation consoles, so if you’re a multi-console family, you needn’t track down various personal gaming environments when you have all you need right here.
Ideal for travel
The case shell is tough so you can be sure your monitor and console remain nice safe as you travel the world. Also, it’s TSA-friendly, making it perfect for air travel.
What to like about the GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment for XBOX ONE S, XBOX ONE, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360:
- High-quality HD screen is perfect for gaming and streaming
- Hardy case
- Multi-console compatible
- Game anywhere
What to consider:
- The console isn’t included. Bummer, I know, right? Snark aside, it is important to note that the console doesn’t come with the gaming environment. However, since most people already know that’s the case, there shouldn’t be too much disappointment among consumers.