IBM XIV Storage System Model 314
IBM XIV Storage System Model 314 is a real-time compression device which provides more capacity and better performance. It provides double RAM and CPU resources moreover it has better IOPS per compressed capacity and 1 to 2 PB of effective capacity. It has decreased the compressible volume up to 103 GB to 51 GB.
IBM XIV Storage System Model 314 is a 2 x 6-core CPUs per module and it delivers up to 96GB RAM per module. It has 1,440GB to 2,160 GB RAM also the SSD read-cache capacity of per system is also doubled to 24TB. IBM XIV Storage System Model 314 is available with 9-15 modules in per system and offers drives of 4TB or 6TB with 800GB SSD cache in per module. This system has overcome the problem of compression of the customers with their performance.
Also it has given a new way to the modern technology and provided a platform to the need reducing complexity. An integral product within the IBM Smarter Storage offering, XIV Storage is best for the customers who want to grow capacity, improve overall performance, and reduce backup intervals, costs and task load on storage administrators, without managing multiple tiers of storage.
IBM XIV Storage System software V11.6.1 offers the system operating software for IBM XIV Storage System Gen3. All XIV Gen3 models provide high performance and simple management that can be further improved with IBM Real-time Compression.
By enhancing the XIV Gen3 compute resources when compared to the 4 TB and 6 TB Model 214, and dedicating the added resources to Real-time Compression, XIV Model 3 has improved the capacity utilization and power efficiencies per capacity.
IBM XIV Storage System Model 314 delivers following hardware enhancements:
- 2 x 6-core CPUs per module (versus 1 x 6-core CPU per module in Model 214)
- 96GB RAM per module (versus 48GB RAM per module in Model 214)
- The additional CPU and 48GB RAM are dedicated to real-time compression. At double the compression ratio, the effective compressed R/W cache capacity in a 15-module XIV system is doubled to 1,440GB, delivering a total effective RAM of 2,160 GB. The SSD read-cache capacity per system is also doubled to 24TB.
- Model 314 is available for ordering in following configurations:
- 9 – 15 modules in a system
- 4TB or 6TB drives with 800GB SSD cache per module
IBM XIV Storage System V11.6.1 also delivers the following improvements
with IBM XIV Storage Gen3 System Model 314:
- User-configurable soft capacity up to 2PB (versus up to three times the hard capacity)
- Minimum compressible volume size of 51GB (versus 103GB)
- IBM XIV Storage System V11.6.1 with IBM XIV Storage Gen3 System Model 314 can be licensed using IBM Spectrum Accelerate software licenses.